Sunday, August 16, 2009

Good Old Cornell

Hey all,

Kristin: Can’t wait to see you!! When do you get back to Cornell??
Caton: How is being a teacher going??
Naomi: Congrats on the job?? How’s it going??

So, now that I am back at Cornell, I miss all of you even more. It’s very strange to be here without you guys. Now for an update on my life:

So I moved in Thursday to my new apartment. It’s pretty nice and big. It was quite an ordeal to get all my stuff and furniture up here. Imagine me with my car packed following my dad with our truck packed, my mattresses standing on ends pulling a trailer of furniture. My roommates are really nice. My bath-roommate is very quiet. Think much quieter than I am, if that is possible. So, as you can imagine, when the 2 of us are alone we kind of awkwardly stare at each other. I think it will get better though. My other roommate is the definition of a jap. I have never been in a store where someone just picks out what they want, w/out even considering price. She also did not know the difference between laundry detergent and fabric softener, so to say the least it should be an interesting year. She is very nice though, but she reminds me of girls from SDT. Her parents took me out to dinner last night, so I guess I can’t complain. We went to the Taste of Thai, a first for me. The food was interesting and I think would take some getting used to, but it wasn’t bad. We went to the farmers market today and I got some amazing peaches and strawberries—so you should all be jealous.

I start orientation tomorrow (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!). Supposedly tomorrow is stuff on the ropes course, my favorite :(. We’ll see if I can break a leg or kick someone in the face, should be interesting. I officially start classes on Thursday, so then I will no longer have a life. I just got my schedule and have classes from like 8-5 everyday, so should be fun!!


I miss all of you dearly and if anyone would like to visit I have a nice pullout couch in my living room for your use (except Kristin, you can go back to your apartment :-) , unless you really have the desire to stay).

~Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment